Our Fall 2018 toddler discovery and parent enrichment session begins Saturday, September 15. 10 week session, Saturdays, 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m for children 18 to 30 months and their families.
Our School teachers, together with families and their children, will explore relevant activities and topics that challenge children to explore and integrate their interests, acquire knowledge, and build new skills, gaining in the process self-confidence, pride in growth, and learning to love learning.
Discussion topics and impromptu conversations include:
- What is developmentally appropriate play?
- How do I support building my toddler’s relationships with other children?
- How does attachment influence the development of my child’s social competence, thinking and reasoning skills?
- What materials and environments nurture my toddler’s curiousity?
- Discipline: What particular approaches work?
- Exploring aggression and bullying in toddlers.
- Technology and the toddler.